I’m so excited to be participating in this 30 Days of Christmas series over at Crafty Night Owls!! Every day in December a new Christmas-related post will be shared by some fantastic bloggers to get your creative juices flowing for the upcoming holiday! I’ve been following the series, and wow! there are some cute ideas!! It’s definitely put me in the mood for Christmas!
Every year, our family makes a new ornament to add to our tree! It’s something our kids look forward to, and we love looking back through the ornaments, reminiscing on years past. I love these cute photo block ornaments we made one year!
1-inch wooden blocks
pictures, cut to 1-inch squares (I wanted a little border around my pictures so I cut mine just a bit smaller than 1-inch. I love that my son’s is a little crooked in the picture above. It shows HE did it!)
brush for the Mod Podge
hooks for hanging (found at your local hardware or craft store)
1. Mod Podge the picture onto the block. I had a bunch of those old children’s blocks lying around that we used, but you can buy plain wood ones at the craft store. We each picked a block that had our initial on it.
2. Using markers, decorate the other sides of the blocks (optional).
3. Write the date on the block.
4. Mod Podge the whole block to seal everything.
5. Let dry.
6. Twist the hook into the top of each block.
7. Tie with ribbon. You could make a bow to make it more fancy, if you want.
8. Hang on tree!
Here are ours–without the hooks:
Thanx so much for putting this series together, Carrie!! I can’t wait to get started on some of these projects and try some of the yummy treats!
Be sure to check out the other projects here! I’m sure you’ll find a new Christmas idea!