I had a roommate in college who lived for a bit in France. She got this recipe while living there and was so generous to share! This is my kids’ favorite breakfast. But we also love it for dessert! I love that they are so quick and simple.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients together (I like to use a whisk).
2. Grease your crepe pan (or smallest frying pan). Grease again, as often as needed.
3. Pour a small amount of batter into pan, just enough to cover the bottom. I use a little less than 1/4 cup. Tilt your pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly. It should be very thin.
4. Cook on low heat for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom is slightly brown (your edges will start to look dry and it will be easy to turn). Turn and cook the other side (the other side will cook fast). These cook fast so be sure to watch them carefully.
5. Put on a plate. Separate each crepe with waxed paper so they don’t stick together.
6. Serve with your favorite fillings. We like fruit, yogurt, and jam for breakfast (sprinkled with powdered sugar). Eggs are also be good. Dessert is fun with Nutella, pudding, fruit, and whipping cream. The French eat it with just lemon juice and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. YUM!!!
Makes about 2 dozen.