As you know by now, I LOVE cooking with my kids. This is an easy, safe, and really fun activity to do. And even little ones can do this! This is also a great activity to do in the classroom.
1. Peel and chop up apples. I love this handy machine:
Besides the fact that my kids can help, it also peels, cores, and slices your apples. It is SO EASY!! I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
2. Put your apples into your crockpot:
3. Add cinnamon and sugar to taste. Add some water to help with juiciness:
4. Cook on low for a couple of hours.
5. Eat! I like to mash it up a bit so it’s more like applesauce. It’s good warm or cool, and very yummy with ice cream on top!