1. Draw some trucks on colored paper. Cut out. Laminate for durability, optional.
2. Write one letter you are learning on each truck. I chose to do uppercase letters.
3. Cut out small circles, 2 for each truck. I did mine on brown. These will be the wheels for the trucks.
4. Write the corresponding lowercase letter on one wheel.
5. Find a picture with each beginning sound and glue onto the other wheel.
1. Lay out all the trucks and wheels.
2. Have your child find the wheels that match each truck: the lowercase letter and matching picture. Place the matching wheels on each truck.
**You could do this with other skills, as well. When I taught 1st grade, I did contractions. I wrote the contraction on each truck and the words in the contraction for each wheel (ex. “can’t” on the truck; “can” and “not” on the wheels).