Make something fun together in the kitchen as a family: an old favorite, or try something new. We’re making these:
1 box chocolate cake mix (or any of your choice)
24 ice cream cones
topping (frosting, whipped cream, ice cream)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Follow directions on back of cake mix to make batter.
3. Wrap foil around cone base and place straight up in ungreased muffin pan.
4. Fill cones with 1/4 cup batter (about 1/2 full). Do not overfill the cone or it may bake over the sides. Let batter settle before placing cones in oven. You can test one in oven to determine how full to fill.
5. Place partially-filled cones in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.
6. Let cones cool completely before topping. Remember how fun sprinkles look to kids!
*picture credit: http://fancyflours.wordpress.com/2007/06/